Step into the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN and step back into the golden era of the "muscle car." Featuring 90 cars and 5,000 museum treasures, this muscle car museum is a must-stop for car enthusiast and gearheads. With cars from the 50's, 60's and 70's, this nostalgic look at classic cars is sure to impress everyone!
Some Background on the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum
Floyd Garrett began his collection in 1975 with a black 1970 Chevelle. After his collection reached 64 vehicles, he decided to open his muscle car museum to showcase his expanding collection. Hailed as an expert on muscle cars from the '60s and 70's, Floyd Garrett often works in the museum himself and will happily answer any question guests to this muscle car museum may have about the vehicles themselves. With a warm smile and a vast knowledge of the cars in his collection, Floyd's enthusiasm for cars is bound to rub off on visitors to this car museum in Sevierville, TN.
Classic Cars at the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum
The collection at the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN features 90 vehicles in pristine condition. Whether your a Chevy fan or a die-hard Ford guy or gal, there is bound to be a car in this muscle car museum that will have you giddier than a kid in a candy shop! Some of Floyd's personal favorites include:
- 1967 427 Impala - This car boasts a 385 horsepower 427 cubic inch V-8 engine, special domed hood, heavy duty suspension and front stabilizer bar. With only 2,124 produced, this car was an attempt to salvage the concept of a full-sized performance car for Chevrolet.
- 1969 ZL1 Camaro - With only 69 cars manufactureed with the COPO 9560 ZL1 engine, this beautiful car is truly a rare find. Since the ZL1 engine was never intended to be placed in a street-performance car, the speed, performance, and rarity of these cars have bolstered them to top of every muscle car enthusiast list.
- 1962 409 Impala - The 409-cid engine gave this classic car much more power than any other car on the road at the time. With handsome detailing, this car has become an iconic muscle car.
- 1962 Super Duty Pontiac - With only 178 of this model produced, this "purpose built race car" was built for speed with its mostly aluminum factory parts.
Some other interesting cars in the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum collection include:
- 1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda' - Most muscle car enthusiasts hold this as the Holy Grail of muscle cars. With a 426 hemi engine with a shaker hood, this car has performance covered as well as beautiful detail work in its grill, side vents, and rear spoiler.
- 1963 (1/2) Ford Fastback - Mid-year Ford changed production to a fastback roofline for this car to make this car more aerodynamic for for NASCAR racers.
Each car featured in the museum features information on the model and the owner, making this muscle car museum not only fun, but educational for those budding gearheads in your group.
Throughout the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum, other memorabilia is on display. A huge Elvis fan, Floyd owns pictures and items relating to "The King" in the museum. This muscle car museum also house items for the train enthusiast with several antique model train sets as well. Old gas station equipment and signs fill the museum, adding to its nostalgic flair.
So, no matter what brand, era, or models of muscle car you admire, the Frank Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN provides the perfect opportunity to spend an afternoon learning muscles cars from past to present.
Stay close to the Floyd Garrett Muscle Car Museum in Sevierville, TN!
Cabins USA offers vacationers to the Smokies cabins that offer the luxuries of home and convenient locations that place guest in the heart of all the action. Staying at one of our Sevierville cabin rentals gives you quick access to all the attractions of the Smokies as well as all the comfort and space of cabin stay, making it the best choice for staying in the Smokies!
Written by Brittany Tipton