Delicious Food at the Wild Plum Tea Room
Tucked away in the woods of the Glades Arts and Crafts Community, The Wild Plum Tea Room offers guests a chance to enjoy delectable food in a quiet mountain setting. Picture yourself gazing out onto forested views from the porch in on warm mountain days.
Styled after Austrian teahouses, the Wild Plum offers a unique restaurant experience inspired from European dining. In the mountains of Austria, locals would gather locals would gather for fresh food and good company. This log cabin restaurant hopes to replicate the warm, welcoming spirit of these tea rooms in the Great Smoky Mountains.
The Wild Plum Tea Room Restaurant
Vacationers love getting lunch at the Wild Plum Tea Room, so there may be a wait when you arrive. However, you can relax and enjoy the mountain air and forested scenery on the front porch. Diners can choose to dine inside in the rustic main dining area, on our screened in porch, or, if the weather is nice enough, enjoy our outdoor patio area shaded by tall walnut trees.
Reservations are accepted and highly encouraged for parties of 6 or more, except during the month of October during peak season. All reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance. The Wild Plum Tea Room is handicap accessible, allowing everyone in your group to enjoy the delicious food and wonderful atmosphere of this favorite Gatlinburg area restaurant.
The Wild Plum Tea Room Menu
The recipes at the Wild Plum Tea Room have been passed down from grandmothers, aunts, uncles, crafters, friends, neighbors, and artists in the Gatlinburg Glades Arts and Crafts Community. Using what's seasonal and fresh in the garden, refrigerator, and pantry, the cooks make different soups, salads, sandwiches, and desserts daily, creating unique flavors for ever visit. Additionally, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free menu options are available. Here are some Wild Plum Tea Room menu highlights:
- Lobster Pie - Made with fresh claw meat in a rich cream sauce and topped with a light & puffed pastry top, this is a Wild Plum favorite.
- Salmon Burger - These Panko-coated patties of fresh salmon mixed with herbs & spices are baked, not fried, making them even more delicious.
- Kobe Burger- Served with blue cheese mayo, Grainger County tomato slices, and purple onion, this burger is delicious.
- Yellow Fin Tuna- This plate is cooked to order and served on kale greens.
- Wild Plum Tea and Wild Plum Muffins- A favorite at this Gatlinburg restaurant. Their famous plum tea can be served chilled or hot alongside the delectable plum muffins that come with every meal.
- Chicken Salad- Another favorite among Wild Plum Tea Room diners, the chicken salad is made from scratch daily.
There are daily soup, salad, and sandwich specials that ensure that every visit to the Wild Plum Tea room offers new and delicious flavors. Make sure to save room for dessert as there are plenty of sweets, such as cakes, strata, muffins, and more, made fresh daily to satisfy your sweet tooth.
A children's menu for ages 10 and under always available upon request for your server. Also, the staff is always willing to work with any food allergies you may have.
Come visit the Wild Plum Tea Room today and discover quality meals with great company. Vacationers staying in Glades area cabins can enjoy a day spent shopping for unique arts and crafts and a delicious meal at this one of kind Gatlinburg restaurant.
555 Buckhorn Rd
Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Written by Brittany Tipton