You won't want to miss this brand new destination in the Smoky Mountains!
The Island in Pigeon Forge, TN is a great place for visitors to browse unique shops, ride The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel (a new Pigeon Forge landmark), and watch the stunning Pigeon Forge Fountain Show.
This walkable plaza has plenty to see and do. Exciting events (including live music), make this an especially fun place to visit at night. The Island in Pigeon Forge provides a one stop destination for hours of family fun!
Shops at the Island
The Island in Pigeon Forge features a unique variety of shops to find souvenirs and other unique treasures. Whether you're looking for a custom-made teddy bear, a specialty hot sauce, or a unique accessory to complement your look, The Island in Pigeon Forge has delightful shops for unique vacation souvenirs. Some shopping highlights include:
- Sweet! - Featuring 2,500 square feet of your favorite candy brands, this sweet stop in The Island in Pigeon Forge will be a favorite for anyone with a sweet tooth.
- Build-a-Bear Workshop - This store at The Island in Pigeon Forge offers the chance create your own cuddly stuff animals!
- Miner's Gem - This Pigeon Forge shopping destination features quality fine jewels, necklaces, and rings.
- International Flair - This eclectic collection of accessories at The Island in Pigeon Forge offers merchandise for the fashionista looking for that unique accessory.
- Timber Valley Furniture - Bring home a piece of the Smokies from this rustic furniture shop in The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- Pepper Palace - A favorite Pigeon Forge shopping destination, this shop features everything spicy.
- The Toychest Company - Kids of all ages will love the toys located in this Pigeon Forge shop.
- Ole Smoky Moonshine Barn - A great place to sample moonshine and find a jar for yourself. Nightly shows make this a great spot to find live music in Pigeon Forge.
Attractions and Rides
In addition to shopping, The Island in Pigeon Forge has fun rides and attractions throughout it's property. The most iconic are The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and the Pigeon Forge Fountain show.
Don't miss out on these highlights at the Island in Pigeon Forge:
- The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel - Rising 200 feet above The Island in Pigeon Forge, The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel stands as one of the tallest attractions in the Southeast.
- Pigeon Forge Fountain Show - The state-of-the-art Pigeon Forge fountain show at The Island in Pigeon Forge features a dance of water and light to 14 pieces of music.
- Arcade City - This family-friendly arcade will delight the kids (or the kid-at-heart) when they visit this attraction at the Island in Pigeon Forge
- The Flying Horse Carousel - Feel like your at the fair on this ride at The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- Thunderdome - After a ride on The Great Smoky Mountain Wheel and a few Pigeon Forge shopping stops, jump on this trampoline bungee-jump ride.
Need a bite to eat? The Island has some of the best restaurants in Pigeon Forge!
- Margeritaville - It's always 5 o'clock at this famous chain restaurant's location in The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- Paula Deen's Family Kitchen - Paula Deen's brand new restaurant in Pigeon Forge serves up some of the most delicious Southern food around. This restaurant serves family style, so bring a crowd to enjoy some country cooking perfection.
- Timberwood Grill - This lodge-themed restaurant in The Island in Pigeon Forge features food native to the East Tennessee hills.
- Mellow Mushroom Select - This Mellow Mushroom location at The Island in Pigeon Forge features some of the favorite items from the menu in an casual setting.
- Poyner's Pomme Frites - Find fries and brautwurst at this European themed eatery in The Island in Pigeon Forge.
- Dick's Last Resort - Everything's in good fun at this unique restaurant in The Island in Pigeon Forge.
No matter where you eat at the Island, you'll love kicking back and watching the fountain show while you dine on a delicious meal!
Seasons & Events
The Island is a Pigeon Forge attraction that changes with the seasons.
During Christmas at the Island, visitors can see a magnificent 35-foot Christmas Tree and gorgeous Christmas lights.
During the fall season, the Island is decked out with pumpkins and hay bales to celebrate the harvest. Here are just a few of the special holidays you can experience at the Island:
- Christmas - See a Large Christmas Tree, take pictures with Santa, and more!
- New Years Eve - Watch a fireworks show, count down to the new year, and listen to a live band.
Any time of year is a great time to visit this Pigeon Forge attraction that changes with the seasons!
Stay close to The Island in Pigeon Forge
Book a Cabins USA cabin in Brookstone Village Resort and stay close to The Island in Pigeon Forge.
Also, check out these other places to find cabins near the Island. This part of Pigeon Forge is truly an exciting place to spend your Smoky Mountain vacation!
Written by Brittany Tipton