Summer in Pigeon Forge, TN is in full swing! This excellent time of year is a thrilling season to visit Pigeon Forge thanks to great weather, events, and activities. Here are the top 5 reasons to book a Pigeon Forge cabin in July!
1. Beautiful Weather
July is an excellent time to visit the Smoky Mountains. With lots of sun, blue skies and only an occasional thunderstorm, there's little chance that poor weather can stop your vacation plans.
|Month||Average High||Average Low|
Better yet, the scenery is beautiful this time of year. The national park is in full bloom with its mountain forests shrouded in beautiful shades of green. Summer in the Smokies is also famous for more frequent sightings of wildlife like deer, turkey, and bears.
2. July Events in Pigeon Forge 2016
Summer also brings some of the biggest events in the Smoky Mountains! These fun festivals make your cabin vacation even more unforgettable.
The Pigeon Forge Patriot Festival – As the biggest 4th of July bash in the Smoky Mountains, this festival in Patriot Park is FREE and open to the public! There's plenty of food, lots of great music, fun, and games for the kids. Visitors can enjoy live music all day long with Joe Diffie headlining the event. The celebration begins at 1:30 PM and finishes with big fireworks show at 9:30 PM. This patriotic event comes complete with a festival-wide salute to our veterans. Parking is free and shuttles will run from the municipal parking garage on Teaster Lane.
Great American Summer at Dollywood – On top of all the great rides, food, crafts, and live music of Dollywood, this special summer festival packs even more family fun into this world-class theme park. Visitors can expect to see special new performances as well as nightly fireworks displays presented with music. Check out our special tips for visiting Dollywood!
3. Tons of Fun Things To Do
When you visit Pigeon Forge in July, the weather is perfect for great outdoor activities like ziplining, tubing, horseback riding, and hiking. If you're looking for ways to beat the heat, here's a short list of ways to cool off in the Smoky Mountains.
- Visit Dollywood Splash Country – Cool off at the biggest waterpark in the Smoky Mountains with 23 water rides!
- Hike to a Cool Waterfall - Waterfalls in the Smoky Mountains are more than just beautiful destinations, they're also natural air conditioners! Stop by waterfalls like the Sinks, Grotto Falls, or Abrams Falls to stay cool in Pigeon Forge.
- Drive Up in the Mountains – High elevation peaks in the Smoky Mountains stay cooler than lower elevation places in the valley. Enjoy beautiful views, pleasant breezes, and cooler weather when you visit places like Newfound Gap and Clingman's Dome in the national park.
- River Tubing – Have some summer fun by tubing on the Little River in Townsend. Float down the cool, pristine waters of the Smokies and have a great time with your family!
4. Enjoy Awesome Cabin Amenities
There's no better way to enjoy summer in the Smokies than by booking a Pigeon Forge cabin rental. Look for these comfortable and relaxing amenities when booking a cabin for your July vacation!
- Resort Swimming Pools – Stay cool by the poolside by booking a rental with pool access.
- Private Pools Inside Cabins – Better yet, why not book a luxury cabin with an indoor swimming pool for privacy.
- Game Rooms with Pool Tables – Enjoy hours of fun in your cabin game room. Several of our cabins also provide arcade games, air hockey tables, darts, foosball, ping pong, and more!
- Cabin Decks with Mountain Views – Sit back on your cabin's deck in the beautiful summer weather with great company. See for miles and miles from a gorgeous spot in the Smokies.
- BBQ Grills – Host a summer cookout at your beautiful cabin in the mountains and chow down on delicious burgers, hot dogs, or steaks on your vacation.
5. Find Special Cabin Discounts
Not only can you enjoy fun activities, events, and comfortable cabins during your vacation, but you can also save with our online discount! Simply find your dream cabin in Pigeon Forge and a earn 15% savings on your nightly rate when you stay with Cabins USA!
Written by Mark Frazier