It's that time of year again. As August approaches, summer comes to a close. The school year draws nearer. Football season rests right around the corner. And...Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 is here!
Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 brings a welcome break from the everyday burden of sales tax from August 1st - August 3rd. Simply making the trip out to Pigeon Forge outlets and enjoying some Pigeon Forge shopping provides visitors with immediate savings, but this weekend will be packed with even more. The Tennessee Sales Tax is 7% and, in addition, Sevier County has an additional county tax of 2.75%. Simply shopping during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 provides you with what amounts to a nearly 10% discount on qualifying purchases.
However, there are several things to consider when shopping this weekend. By following these simple tips and tricks, you can make the most Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 when you visit Pigeon Forge outlets and enjoy the Pigeon Forge shopping and sales during the first weekend of August.
Tip #1 Prepare for Mass Humanity
This is perhaps the most crucial thing to remember about tax free weekend. There will be people. A lot of people. Particularly at places at the Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets, the usual throng of shoppers will be tenfold. Dressing rooms will be packed. Lines will be long. You might have to dodge a few elbows. Those with a fear of crowds should approach the day with a clear game plan.
However, the following tips offer ways to make your trip to Pigeon Forge outlets and other Pigeon Forge shopping destinations efficient and economical, so you'll have to fight the crowds as minimally as possible.
Tip #2 Plan Ahead
The best way overcome the crowds as well as make the most of the deals and discounts provided by Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 is to simply plan ahead. Several different strategies can help you create a plan that will save you the most money, provide you with exactly what you need, and allow for the most efficient Pigeon Forge shopping experience for this busy weekend. Keep in mind the following when creating at Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 game plan:
- Create a list of what you need to buy. Compare this list to the Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 list of tax exempt items (this list also has helpful information on things like coupons and layaway items) and see what is and isn't exempt.
- Think of what you'll need throughout the year. Your kids are going to go through a lot of pencils, pens, and paper during the school year. Stock up on these essentials during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014. Go crazy in the office supply stores. While shopping in the Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets, try to shop for clothes you'll need for all seasons and buy some of those basics (socks, underwear,t-shirts, etc.).
- Prioritize what you need. As Tip #1 asserts, there's going to be a lot of people, who, more than likely, want to buy the same things as you. If you really need to buy a new laptop, stop buy the electronics store first on your Pigeon Forge shopping trip first. If you've had your eye on a new dress at your favorite store, swing by it before you go into other shops.
Tip #3 Compare Prices
While creating your game plan for Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014, check the circulars of your favorite stores. Chances are that most of the stores you'd like to shop at are going to be running special sales on similar items. See which store offers the best prices on the priority items on your list. Pigeon Forge outlets, such as Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets, offer a great place to shop during tax free weekend in the Smoky Mountains as you can easily move from shop to shop to find the best price on every item on your list.
Tip# 4 Know your Dollar Limits and Restrictions
Like all good things, Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 comes with rules and exceptions. The list provided in Tip #2 offers useful information about these rules and additional information can be found on this Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 handout. Some of the primary things to consider while enjoying Pigeon Forge Shopping at Pigeon Forge outlets this weekend are:
- Dollar Limits apply. Only items under a certain dollar amount are tax exempt during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014. Remember clothing and school supplies under $100 dollars and computers priced under $1,500 fall under a tax exempt status.
- Layaway items can be tax exempt, if the final payment is made during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 or if the item is placed in layaway during your Pigeon Forge shopping trip this weekend.
- Discounts and coupons can be applied, if they meet certain criteria.
Tip #5 Take Advantage of Deals, Discounts, and Extended Hours
You'll find some the best deals of the year during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014. Find out if coupons are applicable to your purchase price and if discounts affect an items tax exempt status prior to starting your Pigeon Forge shopping trip. Take advantage of the fact that many of Pigeon Forge outlets, such as Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets, operate on extended hours. Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets, the largest and most popular of Pigeon Forge outlets, will be open from 8am-10pm, giving you more time to enjoy Pigeon Forge shopping during Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014.
Make the Most of Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014!
With these helpful tips and tricks, you can make Pigeon Forge Tax Free Weekend 2014 the best Pigeon Forge shopping experience you've ever had. Stay close to all the deals and discounts at one of Cabins USA's vacation rentals in Sevierville or cabins in Pigeon Forge. You'll need to stay close by to unload all your buys and finds from Pigeon Forge Tanger Outlets and other great Pigeon Forge shopping destinations!
Written by Brittany Tipton